Tickets for sledge hire can be obtained from the offices at the mountain and valley stations. We request that you leave an official form of identity as a deposit, which you will get back when you return the equipment. Sledges are issued at the mountain station.
Groups of 10 people or more are asked to reserve the required number of sledges in advance.
- You need good shoes and warm clothes for sledging
- Study the route plan in advance
- Renting a sledge entitles you to travel directly from the mountain station to the valley station
- Don’t leave the designated route
- On the upper section there is a split on the left side of the track, keep to the right
- Most of the route is in the forest – watch out for obstacles!
- Travel slowly and in accordance with the conditions and your ability
- Keep sufficient distance from the sledge in front of you
- Only sledge sitting up (it is forbidden to lie on your stomach)
- It is forbidden to tie together several sledges
- People use the sledge at their own risk
- Note: the road is not closed off to local traffic!
What do I do if there is an accident?
- Secure the accident site
- Administer first aid
- Inform the personnel in the valley station immediately: 061 941 18 20 (do not call directly for an ambulance)
- Stay with the injured party until help arrives