Tickets for scooter rental are available from the ticket office at the mountain and valley stations. We require that you leave us with an official identity card as a deposit, which you will get back when you return the equipment. The scooters and helmets are issued at the mountain station.
Groups of 10 people or more are asked to reserve the required number of scooters in advance.
- The minimum age for using a scooter independently is 10 (younger children must travel with an adult; we unfortunately cannot make any exceptions)
- It is compulsory to wear a helmet
- Practice braking before starting the descent into the valley
- Ask the railway personnel if you are unsure about anything
- Study the route plan in advance
- Hiring a scooter entitles you to take one direct trip from the mountain station to the valley station
- Do not leave the marked route
- Remain standing with both feet on the footboard throughout the trip
- Note road condition: forest path with channels, holes, stones etc.
- Never brake using your feet
- Travel slowly and in accordance with the conditions and your ability
- Most of the route is located in the forest – watch out for obstacles!
- People use scooters at their own risk
- Note: the road is not closed off to local traffic!